a continuation of my thankfuls and happys.
class is finally out and i've successfully survived my third semester as a college kid. praise. Now all that's left to do is pack up my room to move apartments and to pack to go home for the holidays! yippee! I'm seriously so stoked to have 2 weeks to veg and do a whole lot of nothing. there are so many things that I would do differently if I had the chance to start this semester over again, but on the plus side there are LOADS of things that I've learned from my dumb mistakes, and hidden gifts that I didn't realize I was blind to....so *drumroll for effect* here are my new favorite lessons and blessin's:
- never ever take good professors for granted. i've had the whole spectrum of teachers, from ones who I wish would adopt me as their child to teachers who couldn't be bothered to email me back. When you have a great professor who is passionate and teaches with gusto and life, take EVERY class they offer. no joke, I've had the same religion teacher for the past 3 semesters. (you're the true MVP brother rowe)
- be careful with who you give your time to. In college you'll come to realize that your free time can be split between naps and hanging out with friends. and if your friends only want friendship when it's convenient for them, then take the nap.
- don't underestimate the power of calling home. The days where I feel like everything has gone awry and the whole world is against me have always been cured with the soothing voice of my mam. A little unknown secret: moms usually know best, and were actually our age at one point!
- getting an education. My classes this term started off on the wrong foot to say the least, and by mid-semester I was convinced I'd drop out of college and move to Europe to be a backpacker for the rest of my days. needless to say, I stuck it out and here I am! alive and stuff! ....and maybe just a bit wiser. NOW is the time to get an education because the opportunity is right under my nose. I have no idea where the hay I'll be in 5 years, so why turn down the chance to learn?? (because heaven knows I need to...)
- so full of thanks for things I don't deserve. I've been blessed beyond compare these past few months. I've had 3 amazing and beautiful roommates who will let me be weird without judgment. Understanding teachers who help me out time and time again. A winter almost completely devoid of snow. blessed be. New memories with new friends. Tough trials to teach me endurance and perseverance. a way to earn money that also conquers fears. and most importantly a Heavenly Father who listens to my prayers and pleadings with open arms and a comforting spirit.
thank you. I'm oh so grateful.